Take that last train to Clarkesville – Just meet us at the station!! We’ve made the reservations, gonna go, go, go…………………
The Pleiku MP Association has seen and done so many things this great Country has to offer – from laying the wreath at Arlington to Kennedy Space Center, Albuquerque balloon races, Mystic Seaport, Fleet Week, Patriots Point, Space Needle, our own Branson video, Savannah and Charleston, Riverwalk, the Air Force and Naval academies, Oktoberfest, multiple air and space museums, multiple military bases and museums, Mississippi riverboats, Williamsburg, Liberty Bell, country music, and on and on…..
What we haven’t done is to specifically celebrate the service of our members and have them officially Welcomed Home! Reunion 2019 will do just that. We are taking the Last Train to Clarksville TN on September 17 through 22 to join in a 4 day small town, down low, cost effective, patriotic celebration of Vietnam veterans. Clarksville is 45 miles from Nashville and quick distance to Ft Campbell and we will partake in everything from breakfast to dinner, celebrating the military service of our veterans, other veterans, those currently serving, and those who may serve in the future. There will be many Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans activities including a ceremony at Ft Campbell, a local parade complete with a Pleiku MP Association float made by local school kids, visits to a local distillery and a local winery and ending with a Lee Greenwood concert. God Bless the USA!
The Best Western Plus Atrium Inn & Suites - Clarksville TN is the host site. Standard king or 2-queen bed rooms are $105/nt plus taxes; king suites are $119/nt plus taxes. Breakfast, wifi, and parking are included.
Getting to Nashville should be easy (major hub/good prices/many flights) but there will be a cost getting from Nashville to Clarksville. The hotel offers shuttle service but it's pricey -- $75pp o/w; $120pp r/t. Rental cars, private shuttle, or Uber are other options or we may be able to coordinate ride sharing for those flying with those driving to Clarksville. Right now, the important thing is to nail down your room while the other details are being worked out.
We have contracted and filled the first room block (25 rooms) and are working on adding more rooms. If you think you may attend the reunion, we urge you to book quickly to get the room you want at the reunion price. (You can cancel without monetary penalty up to 24 hrs before check-in if your plans change.) Call in reservations at 931-919-4998. Speak to anyone at the front desk and ask for the Pleiku MP Reunion group block. Discount hotel prices are guaranteed for the room block. They will be based on availability thereafter until Aug 15 when unbooked rooms go back into hotel inventory.
The online booking link ishttps://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.43181.html?groupId=2H9JI2G2 Preliminary all-inclusive cost estimates from Tues afternoon check-in to Sun morning check-out (meals, entertainment, banquet, registration fees, and transportation) are approximately $415/couple or $225/person. As always, all activities are optional and costs will be determined by the number of participants. You can sign up to do as much or as little as you want once pricing is established. Registration forms should be ready by May 1 and will detail all of the events and associated costs. The registration for the Early Bird drawing is Aug 1. Registration closes Aug 15.
Check out these two videos on past Clarksville celebrations:
Mark your calendars, start checking out flights, and get ready to celebrate your service together with those who share those same memories.
Questions or comments may be directed to Kathi and Gene Petrowski at 443-402-0500. Thanks!
Tentative Reunion Agenda
(subject to change)
* 9/17 Tuesday
– Arrivals - Platters in hospitality room
* 9/18 Wednesday - Breakfast - hotel - Ft. Campbell tour and lunch - Opening dinner event for Welcome Home – Old Glory Distilling.
* 9/19 Thursday - MEN – Breakfast with a Hero (breakfast with veterans, active duty and students) Pleimates – breakfast at hotel (travel to market if time allows) -Welcome Home Event at Ft Campbell honoring Vietnam Veterans - Wreath Laying & Remembrance Ceremony at American Veteran Traveling Tribute Wall - Platters in hospitality room
* 9/20 Friday - Breakfast - hotel - 9am - Officers meeting - 11am – POW/MIA Remembrance Day Luncheon - 1:30 – Men’s meeting/free time. - 6pm – Banquet at the Tanglewood House. Free concert in the park downtown if anyone wants to go after the banquet.
* 9/21 Saturday - Breakfast - hotel - 9 am - Parade Line Up – Downtown Clarksville (NO, we are not marching) - 10am – Welcome - Downtown Clarksville (local group will build a float for our group.) - 2pm – Pizza party and Chinese Auction - 6:00 pm – arrive for Lee Greenwood concert at Beachaven Winery (reserved seating area)
* 9/22 Sunday -Breakfast – hotel -Farewells
The 32nd annual Pleiku MP Association reunion will be held this year in Clarksville, TN Sept. 17th - 22nd. This week corresponds with the Welcome Home Veterans Celebrations in Clarksville and nearby Fort Campbell, KY. Members will be able to participate in the activities that include a short parade in Clarksville and a welcome home salute to Veterans at Fort Campbell.
Best Western Atrium Inn & Suites275 Alfred Thun Rd, Clarksville, TN 37040 (931) 919 4998 See Map Below